Thursday, April 2, 2009
Health Update
Starting April 14 and continuing to sometime in the first half of June I'll be going for daily radiation (weekdays only). It's hoped that this will do the trick, but as I've learned in the recent past, who the hell knows?
Today I was "mapped" with a CT scan so they could figure out where to send the radiation, how long to send it, and how strong. They shoved, pushed, pulled, and arranged me the same way you'd handle a bag of spuds. They had to get me positioned juuuuust right. Once they had me where they wanted me they tattooed targets on to me. Tiny, little dots. I told the tech, "That's no tattoo!" I pulled up my sleeve and said, "Now THAT's a tattoo!" Much merriment.
They also made a foam cast of my legs as I was laying on my back. That's so each time I go for treatment I'm in the same position (with minor adjustments). I'm hoping I can have the cast when this is all done. I figure I can put chips and salsa in each leg-mold for serving large crowds at barbecues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment